The Quadrilatero d’Oro – the golden rectangle – is one of the most prestigious shopping districts in the world. We can take you to your favourite luxury brands and organize exclusive out-of-hours shopping sessions. These streets comprise Via Montenapoleone, Via Verri, Via Sant’Andrea, Via Santo Spirito, Via Borgospesso, Via Bagutta, Via Manzoni and others. Their boutiques are much more than just shops: they are works of art, with remarkably creative window displays, and interiors that evoke the spirit of the brands and their products.
In the setting offered by the predominantly 18th and 19th-century architecture, these streets acquire an atmosphere of sophisticated, relaxed refinement. Luxury shopping pleasure is enhanced by some of the most prestigious cafés in the city that represent an unmissable experience in themselves.
In a Milan Shopping tour, let your Friend in Milan take you to:
- a 15th-century monastery that has been transformed into a luxury hotel, a splendid location for a coffee, tea or aperitif to the sound of swinging piano music
- one of the few cafés where they know how to make barbagliata, Rossini’s favourite beverage
- a haven for the finest luxury watches in the world
- the hotel steeped in the memories of opera composer Giuseppe Verdi
- cultural highlights that include three fine city house museums, and the house with a façade decorated by the owner, a sculptor who was an apprentice to Michelangelo